NMMC Hospice is selling short-sleeve T-shirts to benefit the hospice patient assistance fund. The shirt was designed by Shelby Potts, 5th-grader at Shannon Elementary School. Click here for an order form.
North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice is a specialized program of care emphasizing the management of pain and other symptoms (including psychological, emotional, social and spiritual needs) associated with terminal illness.
NMMC provides hospice services in the home, as well as in a 10-bed inpatient unit in the main hospital. For more information on the inpatient hospice unit, click here.
The Hospice staff provides help for family as well as the patient.
NMMC Hospice provides:
- 24-hour nursing on-call support
- Personal care assistance
- Compassionate, quality health care that enables patients to remain at home with their family
- Family counseling to help a patient’s family cope with terminal illness
- Pastoral support for spiritual care
- Continuous care in crisis situations
- Prescription medication coverage related to terminal illness, with emphasis on pain management
- Medical equipment and supplies as needed for comfort
- Volunteer services including compassion, friendly visiting and running errands
- Respite care
- Bereavement care for 13 months to ease grief and transition
Who is eligible for hospice care?
- A patient whose physician and family choose comfort care.
- A patient with a life-limiting illness whose life expectancy is measured in weeks or months, not years.
- A patient with a primary caregiver who is willing to participate in home care.
Our team includes:
- Personal Care Aides
- Social Workers
In addition to at-home care, NMMC Hospice services are also available at:
- Baldwyn Nursing Facility
- Calhoun Health Services, Calhoun City
- Cedars Health Center/The Greenhouses, Tupelo
- Dugan Memorial Home, West Point
- Golden Living Centers in Tupelo, Amory, Eupora and Ripley
- Graceland Care Center, Pontotoc
- NMMC-Eupora Nursing Home
- NMMC-Pontotoc Nursing Home
Hospice at these facilities is an ideal option for families who are unable or uncomfortable helping their loved one at home.