Nurse Extern Program
NMMC's Student Nurse Externship Program exposes you, as student nurses, to some of the most advanced and sophisticated medical care found anywhere.
You will also find something very unique--a chance to know patients by their first name, not just as a room number or a procedure.
NMMC offers challenging and rewarding careers in all aspects of health care service.
- Critical Care/ Intermediate Care Services
- Critical Care Unit
- Surgical/ Trauma
- Intermediate Care Unit
- Inpatient Surgical Services
- Medicine Services
- Women and Children's Services
Labor and Delivery
Student nurse externs at NMMC participate in an intense, one-day classroom orientation, skills lab, a full-day seminar led by experts in their field and scheduled work hours over eight weeks with assigned preceptors.
To be eligible for consideration, Student Nurse Externship Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in an approved academic program
- Successfully completed one academic year in nursing
- In good standing with the school of nursing
- Commit to a nine-week paid externship
- Complete online application and submit the required documentation
Applications will be accepted Jan. 1-Feb. 14, 2020.
Apply for the Nurse Extern Program