- Year Joined North Mississippi Health Services:
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Masters of Science in Nursing
Jamie Frick, NP-C, received his nursing degree at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and completed the family nurse practitioner program, graduating with honors. He was inducted into the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Frick pursued a degree in health care after working as a safety operations manager, where his passion and interest in health care began to take root. “I first became aware of health care deserts, or lack of available health care providers within a reasonable distance,” he said. “I decided to become a part of the solution.”
He says that he has four mantras that he relied upon heavily while facing his own recent health battle:
- Pick a goal you cannot achieve, then plan for it, train for it, and destroy it. – In memory of Kirk Deligiannis aka mettle forger
- All it takes is all you got. – In memory of SSgt. Christopher J. Antonik
- Start every day with a cold shower, and then live the day for those who can’t and those who won’t. – Personal life philosophy
- Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with
my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
Frick is an avid outdoorsman and adventure enthusiast. He takes yearly hunting excursions to Wyoming, and he supports conservation and public land hunting. He enjoys physical fitness events and learning new relevant life skill sets such as wilderness/exhibition medicine and rescue.