NMMC-Iuka and Hamilton Receive 2016 QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare from Premier Inc.
North Mississippi Medical Center-Iuka and North Mississippi Medical Center-Hamilton have been recognized with the 2016 QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare from Premier Inc., a leading healthcare improvement company, for providing outstanding patient care.
NMMC-Iuka was one of 14 hospitals who received finalist recognition, and North Mississippi Medical Center-Hamilton was one of 38 who received a citation of merit. Finalists were recognized for achieving top performance in five of six areas measured, and citation of merit recipients achieved top performance in four of six.
“NMMC-Iuka’s achievements in QUEST reinforces our commitment to reliably deliver the best care experience to the communities we serve,” said NMMC-Iuka administrator Fred Truesdale. “We’re proud to be the only hospital in Mississippi to receive the QUEST Award as we continue down our path of improving patient outcomes and community health.”
Specifically, the hospitals were recognized for:
- Obtaining a mortality rate at least 15 percent less than expected;
- Reducing the average cost of care to at least less than $6,870 per discharge (depending on size of the facility);
- Reliably delivering inpatient and outpatient evidence-based care measures in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care at least 96 percent of the time;
- Improving the hospital experience so that patients and families favorably rate their stay and would recommend the facility to others at least 76 percent of the time;
- Reducing preventable harm events; and
- Obtaining a readmissions rate at least 11 percent less than expected.
Honored during Premier’s annual Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition on June 21, NMMC-Iuka was the only hospital in Mississippi to receive the award, and NMMC-Hamilton was the only hospital in Alabama.
“Being a part of QUEST has ensured we set high standards in clinical excellence,” said Bill Buck, interim administrator of the Hamilton hospital. “We are proud of the difference this makes for our patients.”
All QUEST hospitals participating in QUEST from October 2014-September 2015 were eligible for the QUEST Award.