Connected Care Partners' mission is twofold:
Deliver care in an organized manner focusing on improving care through a series of clinical initiatives and performance measures as established by the Connected Care Partners Board of Directors and its committees. These committees are composed of local and regional practicing providers making decisions about quality and efficiency of care.
Contract with payers through Connected Care Partners for the purpose of recognizing and rewarding value created through cost effective, quality care.
Connected Care Partners will:
Improve the patient care experience
Improve the health of the communities we serve.
Efficiently provide the highest quality, evidenced-based care and enter into payer contracts that will reward high quality and cost-effective care.
Be committed to innovation, value-based care and ongoing performance improvement.
Assist with promoting provider satisfaction through integration and sharing of best practices for quality and efficiency.
What does Connected Care Partners seek to accomplish?
In a collaborative and transparent effort between hospitals, providers, payers (insurers/employers/government) and patients, our CIN seeks to accomplish the Quadruple Aim:
- Improve the patient experience, not just patient satisfaction scores but access to health care through patient portals and access to non-provider members of the health care team who can manage many day-to-day matters of chronic disease management and wellness.
- Improve the health of the network’s patient population using evidence-based chronic disease management programs, evidence-based referrals and wellness programs.
- Reduce the per capita cost of health care in the covered population by using wellness programs, evidence-based referral, screenings and evidence-based chronic disease management protocols
- Improve the work life of health care providers, including that of clinicians and staff.
Some of the mechanisms that can be used to achieve the above aims include:
- Establish major diagnosis/disease state evidence-based clinical guidelines that are cost effective while maintaining quality
- Develop a system to communicate clinical guidelines to the entire network and monitor compliance with the guidelines
- Develop a comprehensive patient wellness program
- Develop a communication system, which allows for easy and open communication between all network providers regarding coordination and management of patients’ overall health
- Enter into alternative payment arrangements with payers that financially recognize providers’ efforts and patient outcomes
- Develop mutually acceptable shared financial goals and risk/incentive systems to reward high quality, cost-effective care
- Focus on attaining the Quadruple Aim (improving the patient experience, improving the health of populations, reducing the per capita cost of health care, improving provider satisfaction)
What is the vision of Connected Care Partners?
Connected Care Partners will:
- Improve the patient care experience
- Improve the health of the communities we serve
- Efficiently provide the highest quality, evidence-based care and enter into payer contracts that will reward high quality and cost-effective care
- Be committed to innovation, value-based care and ongoing performance improvement
- Assist with promoting provider satisfaction through integration and sharing of best practices for quality and efficiency
What are the goals of Connected Care Partners?
The three main goals are to:
- Transform care delivery by creating a provider-led CIN with NMHS that is accountable for the full continuum of care.
- Lead the market in high quality, cost effective care through population health management that includes engaging patients in the ownership of their care.
- Become the preferred partner for providers in our communities through a culture of collaboration.
Why is Connected Care Partners a good idea and necessary for our future?
In addition to addressing some of the requirements of health care reform, Connected Care Partners will address the needs of payers and employers to stabilize premiums and decrease costs. In a collaborative and transparent effort between health systems, providers, payers (insurers/employers/government) and patients, Connected Care Partners seeks to accomplish, at a minimum, the following:
- Maintain or reduce health care costs
- Improve quality of care and patient outcomes
- Maintain or improve the overall health of defined populations
- Establish major diagnosis/disease state evidence-based clinical guidelines that are cost effective and yield more reliable quality and results
- Develop a Connected Care Partners CIN-wide system to communicate and evaluate performance within clinical guidelines
- Develop a comprehensive patient wellness program for preventive care
- Develop a communication system that allows for transparent communication between all network providers regarding coordination and management of the individual patient’s overall health
- Explore alternate reimbursement methodologies that are more based in outcomes than only fee-for-service care
- Develop mutually acceptable shared financial goals and risk/incentive systems to incentivize established outcomes