The COVID-19 pandemic has affected us all in many ways over the past year. While much of the focus has been on acute diagnosis and treatment, it has become more apparent that many survivors—especially those who required prolonged hospital stays—have lasting weaknesses affecting their daily lives. If you or a loved one have been affected by COVID-19 and continue to experience some of these symptoms, rehabilitation can help.
Our COVID-19 Rehabilitation Team includes speech, physical and occupational therapists. Working together and with your doctor, our goal is to improve quality of life for patients who continue to experience repercussions from this virus.
- Post-Intensive Care Syndrome
- Decreased endurance/fatigue
- Generalized weakness
- Cognitive issues – “COVID Brain Fog”
- Decreased ability to perform everyday activities such as work or hobbies
- Decreased independence with self-care activities such as bathing and dressing
- Muscle aches/pain
- Shortness of breath with activity
- Weak or hoarse voice from prolonged intubation and overall weakness
- Breath support
Call (662) 377-7215 or 1-800-THE DESK (1-800-843-3375) for more information.
Physician referral is required.