Ear, Nose & Throat
North Mississippi Medical Center connects you with ear, nose and throat physicians who treat problems of the ears, nose, throat, head and neck region, from simple to severe and for all ages.
ENT specialists treat:
- Ear conditions such as ear infection, hearing loss, dizziness, ringing in the ears (called tinnitus), ear pain and more.
- Nose conditions such as allergies, deviated septum, rhinitis, sinusitis, sinus headaches and migraines, nasal obstruction and surgery, and more.
- Throat disorders that affect your ability to speak and swallow properly, throat tumors, airway and vocal cord disorders, and more.
- Head and Neck/Thyroid cancers, as well as neck masses, Grave’s disease, enlarged thyroid glands and more.
- Sleep issues caused by sleep-disordered breathing, nasal and airway obstruction, snoring, sleep apnea, and more.
- Children's issues such as birth defects of the head and neck, developmental delays, ear infection, tonsil and adenoid infection, airway problems, asthma and allergy, and more.
They are also surgeons who can perform procedures related to these areas, including:
- Cochlear implants, bone conduction devices and ear-tube surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery of the head and neck
- Skull base tumor treatment
- Sinus surgery, including laser treatments, endoscopic techniques and radiofrequency ablation
- Turbinate surgery
- Balloon Sinuplasty™ to gently open blocked sinus openings to alleviate symptoms of chronic sinusitis. This technique results in less bleeding, a quicker recovery, and does not limit further treatment options.