Neurology includes the diagnosis and treatment of conditions and diseases involving the central and peripheral nervous systems, including their coverings, blood vessels and muscle.
- Electromyography/nerve conduction studies (EMG)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Neurotoxin therapy (Botox) for spasticity and related diagnoses
- Vagus nerve stimulator management for epilepsy
- Treatment and follow-up care of multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, dementia, epilepsy, headaches, primary brain tumors, etc.
- Sleep medicine (diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders, including sleep apnea).
North Mississippi Medical Center's registered electrodiagnostic technologists have more than 55 years of combined experience performing EEGs and Evoked potentials on patients of all ages. Technologists are experienced in providing these services to infant, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients.
EEGs are offered Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Neurodiagnostics Lab, located on the first floor of the NMMC East Tower.
Neurodiagnostic patients are encouraged to park in the southeast parking structure adjacent to NMMC’s East Tower or visitors parking. Patients should check in at Outpatient Admissions and will be escorted to the Neurodiagnostics Lab. Patients who have questions about this test are encouraged to call the technologists at (662) 377-4140.