Gynecology covers a woman's special health care from puberty through menopause, and includes issues ranging from nutrition to hormones. No matter what age or stage of life you’re in, North Mississippi Health Services has you covered.
Obstetrician-gynecologists are doctors who specialize in women's general medical care, treating disorders of the female reproductive system and caring for pregnant women. They also provide a wide range of gynecological surgery options.
Specialty Services for Women
- Menstrual conditions, including heavy bleeding
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic pain
- Uterine fibroids
- Women's wellness
When you need gynecologic surgery, choose North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo, Amory or West Point. We offer minimally-invasive techniques for hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures.
NMMC in Tupelo and Amory offer robotic-assisted surgery for many gynecological conditions. Benefits include:
- Smaller incisions with faster healing and little to no scarring
- A shorter hospital stay or outpatient surgery
- Minimal blood loss
- Less post-surgical pain
- Faster healing time – you will be back to your normal routine faster
Gynecologic Cancer Surgery
University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) gynecologic oncologists offer surgical and clinical services at NMMC Cancer Care in Tupelo for gynecologic cancers such as endometrial, cervical, ovarian or uterine cancer. These UAB Medicine faculty members are board-certified, award-winning physicians who are national and international leaders in gynecologic cancer care.
- Gynecologic cancer consultations
- Gynecologic cancer risk assessment
- Minimally-invasive surgical procedures
- Access to cutting-edge clinical trials