NMHS HIPAA Notice is a separate document that governs how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by NMHS.
I. Collection of Information
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use a Service:
Information you provide directly to us. For certain Services or activities, such as when you register with a Service, subscribe to our alerts, or contact us directly, we or Third-Party services limited to this site, may collect some or all of the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, mobile phone number, and address;
- Username and password;
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security code;
- Personal health information, including information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, and health insurance;
- Doctor reviews; and
- Any other information you provide to us.
We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Information we collect automatically. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other standard server log information. We may also collect certain location information when you use our Services, such as your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers.
We may also collect technical data to address and fix technical problems and improve our Services. Your device or browser settings may permit you to control the collection of this technical data. By using the Services, you are consenting to us or any party acting on our behalf collecting this technical data.
Information from Third-Party Services. If you access the Services from an advertisement on a third-party website, application, or other service (a “Third-Party Service”) we may receive information from the owner of the Third-Party Service related to you or that advertisement.
Information we obtain from your health care providers and other sources. In connection with Services that involve medical treatment, we may collect medical records from your past, current, and future health care providers. This may include information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, laboratory, radiology and pathology test results and reports, social histories, any family history of illness, and records about phone calls and emails related to your illness.
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. We may combine our first-party data, such as your email address or name, with third-party data from other sources and use this to contact you (e.g. through direct mail). For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
II. Use of Information
We may use the information we collect online to:
- Provide and improve the Services;
- Contact you;
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including processing payments for Medical billing;
- Send you information about additional clinical services or general wellness from us or on behalf of our affiliates;
- Analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
III. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, providing medical advice for telemedicine services, management and hosting of telemedicine services, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, direct mail, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting, advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of NMHS, our affiliates, patients, users, or the public.
- Business Transfers. HIPAA permits organizations to transfer PHI in certain circumstances. We can transfer your information as part of a transfer of the assets of the organization, merger, or consolidation or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, if such transfer is permissible under HIPAA and the HIPAA Notice.
- Protected Health Information. We may transfer your PHI as described in the HIPAA Notice and permitted under HIPAA.
- With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the third party sites that we link to, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these sites and forums. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in public areas.
No information provided by patients during medical consultations or requests for medical appointments is ever used for marketing purposes.
We use measures to protect PHI from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction in accordance with HIPAA. We use measures designed to protect other information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, you should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure and is subject to hacking, viruses, bugs, malware, and ransomware.
V. Your Choices
You may also request that we delete your personal information by sending us an email at email@example.com. We will delete such information, if we are able to, unless we are required to maintain information in accordance with applicable law.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “Help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
We do not share Protected Health Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
VI. Third-party Links and Content
VII. Limiting Data Collection and Do Not Track
Opt-Out. To opt out of interest-based advertising across browsers and devices from companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative opt-out programs, please visit their respective websites. You may also be able to opt out of interest-based advertising through the settings within the mobile app or your mobile device, but your opt-out choice may apply only to the browser or device you are using when you opt out, so you should opt out on each of your browsers and devices if you want to disable interest-based advertising for those browsers and devices. If you opt out, you will still receive ads but they may not be as relevant to you and your interests, and your experience on our Services may be degraded.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
VIII. International Users
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our Services.
XI. LIABILITY OF NORTH MISSISSIPPI HEALTH SERVICES (NMHS) and its subsidiaries and affiliates, do not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, or available through the Website (the Site Content). Reliance on the Site Content is solely at your own risk. NMHS and its subsidiaries and affiliates disclaim any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of any Site Content. The Website, the Site Content and the products and services provided on or available through the Website (the Website Services) are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, with all faults. Neither NMHS, nor its subsidiaries and affiliates, nor any person associated with NMHS or any of its subsidiaries and affiliates makes any warranty or representation with respect to the quality, accuracy, or availability of the Website, the Site Content or the Website Services.
*North Mississippi Health Services (NMHS) includes the following: North Mississippi Medical Center, Inc. (NMMC-Tupelo); Pontotoc Health Services, Inc. (NMMC-Pontotoc); Webster Health Services, Inc. (NMMC-Eupora); Tishomingo Health Services, Inc. (NMMC-Iuka) ; Clay County Medical Corporation (NMMC-West Point); Marion Regional Medical Center, Inc. (NMMC-Hamilton); North Mississippi Medical Clinics (NMMCI); The Imaging Center; Medical Imaging, LLC; Center for Digestive Health, LLC.; North Mississippi Ambulatory Surgery Center, LLC. ; North Mississippi Clinics, LLC.; Monroe Health Services, Inc. (NMMC-Gilmore Amory); and North Mississippi Gilmore Clinics, LLC.