NMMC Introduces Neuroscience Institute
TUPELO, Miss.—North Mississippi Medical Center recently introduced the Neuroscience Institute at Longtown Medical Park, a regional destination for comprehensive, innovative care for a wide range of brain, spine and neurological disorders.
The Neuroscience Institute brings related services under one roof for patient convenience. Specialists work side by side to ensure optimal diagnosis and treatment tailored specifically for each patient.
“We are proud to have an organization that is deeply committed to patient care and outcomes and which displays these values through the visionary realignment of services to create the North Mississippi Medical Center Neuroscience Institute,” said neurosurgeon Jason Stacy, M.D. “As one of the few integrated, freestanding neuroscience centers attached to a major hospital in the region—and the only one in Mississippi to offer this level of physician and ancillary offerings—we are well positioned to be the market leader in providing the best patient- and family-centered neurological health care, rehabilitation, pain management and imaging services.”
The Neuroscience Institute includes:
- Neurology Consultants of North Mississippi—medical specialists who treat diseases of the brain and spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles including epilepsy, stroke, sleep disorders, multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson's disease and more
- North Mississippi Neurosurgical Services—surgical specialists who treat disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system including trauma, brain, spine, stroke and more
- North Mississippi Regional Pain Consultants—specialists in medication management, procedures and injections, as well as addictionologists and a psychologist, who offer treatment options to improve function and treat chronic pain
- North Mississippi Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation--physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians who treat injuries and illnesses that affect mobility
- Longtown Imaging—convenient access to radiology procedures
- Pre-Anesthesia Testing and Admissions--Before surgery, patients will provide their medical history, take care of lab work and other tests, and discuss the anesthesia planned for their procedure
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Services—physical, occupational and speech-language therapy for adults and children
The Neuroscience Institute at Longtown Medical Park is located at 4381 S. Eason Blvd., Tupelo. For more information about available services, visit www.nmhs.net/neuroscience-institute or call 1-800-THE DESK (1-800-843-3375) to connect with our specialists.