North Mississippi Health Services' mission is to improve the health of our patients, families and the communities we serve. Where we are born, live, work and age affect a wide range of health risks and outcomes. According to the County Health Rankings Model, social determinants of health have an influence on length and quality of life. We are connecting with partners in our region to address these needs.
These partners will help us identify community resources. Our goal is that in every stage of life, our patients and families can expect good health outcomes regardless of their social conditions.
Our community goal is to reduce preventable disease, illness and injury. We are also interested in improving social and behavioral factors that have a negative effect on the health of the people of our region.
Improve Health -- Goals and Plans
Increase Access to Preventive Service
- Expand virtual/telehealth offerings
- Collaborate to explore transportation needs
- Initiate innovative listen-to-learn community sessions
- Utilize partners to assist those with limited or no insurance
- Increase affordable after-hours care
- Improve access to specialty care
Develop a Nutritionally Aware Community Culture
- Screen for and create access to nutritious foods
- Develop culturally-appropriate educational programs
- Develop community coalitions to provide fresh food/promote community gardens
- Teach food preservation skills
- Utilize established networks to promote nutrition