North Mississippi Health Services' mission is to improve the health of our patients, families and the communities we serve. Where we are born, live, work and age affect a wide range of health risks and outcomes. According to the County Health Rankings Model, social determinants of health have an influence on length and quality of life. We are connecting with partners in our region to address these needs.
These partners will help us identify community resources. Our goal is that in every stage of life, our patients and families can expect good health outcomes regardless of their social conditions.
Our community goal is to reduce preventable disease, illness and injury. We are also interested in social and behavioral factors that have a negative effect on the health of the people of our region.
Improve Health -- Goals and Plans
Increase Access to Preventive Service
- Expand virtual/telehealth offerings
- Collaborate to explore transportation needs
- Initiate innovative listen-to-learn community sessions
- Utilize partners to assist those with limited or no insurance
- Increase affordable after-hours care
- Improve access to specialty care
Develop a Nutritionally Aware Community Culture
- Screen for and create access to nutritious foods
- Develop culturally-appropriate educational programs
- Develop community coalitions to provide fresh food/promote community gardens
- Teach food preservation skills
- Utilize established networks to promote nutrition
Increase Physical Activity and Promote Exercise as Medicine
- Partner with local wellness centers and gyms
- Develop partnerships with local parks/recreation facilities
- Utilize exercise "prescriptions"
- Organize walking clubs
- Promote corporate wellness programs
- Identify community resources, e.g., trails, walking tracks, etc.
Develop Partnerships with Public Entities
- Public health -- state and regional offices
- Education Institutions -- early childhood, primary, secondary and post-secondary
- Government -- state, regional and local
We’re pleased to partner with the following on our health improvement goals:
Access Community Health Services
City of Tupelo
Good Samaritan Health Services
Mississippi State University
United Way of Northeast Mississippi
Please check back for updates on our health improvement goals and community partners.