The medical staff at North Mississippi Medical Center Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinic treats injuries or illnesses that affect how people move.
Our goal is to restore maximum function that has been lost through injury, illness or disabling conditions. Rehabilitation physicians treat a wide range of problems from sore shoulders to spinal cord injuries. The focus is to help put the pieces of a person’s life back together after injury or disease without surgery. Rather than treat an individual issue, we treat the whole patient.
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinic:
- Cares for patients with a spinal cord injury, traumatic or non-traumatic brain injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis, amputation or other neurologic diagnoses.
- Provides comprehensive pain management from a functional perspective.
- Provides evaluations for spine conditions.
- Works with therapists at North Mississippi Medical Center Outpatient Rehabilitation Center and vendors to provide Wheelchair Seating Clinic evaluations and Amputee Clinic evaluations and prescriptions.
- Provides interdisciplinary follow-up care for comprehensive neurorehabilitation patients.
- Manages spasticity with multiple treatments including medication, Botox injections and initial evaluations for Baclofen pumps.
- EMG (nerve conduction studies to diagnose specific neurologic conditions)
- Trigger point injections (fluoroscopy & office)
- Peripheral joint injections, including hips
- Bursa injections (subacromial, ischial, greater trochanteric, etc.)
- SI joint injections
- Cervical/lumbar facet joint injections
- Cervical/lumbar medial branch blocks
- Cervical/lumbar interlaminar epidural injections
- Lumbar transforaminal epidural injections
- Sympathetic blocks
- Radiofrequency ablation (rhizotomy, neurotomy) of cervical, thoracic & lumbar facet joints
- SI joint radiofrequency ablation
- Caudal epidural injections
- Greater occipital nerve blocks
- 3rd occipital nerve blocks
- 3rd occipital nerve radiofrequency ablation
- COOLIEF radiofrequency ablation for knee pain (genicular nerve RFA)
- Viscosupplementation injections for chronic knee pain
Stay connected with your North Mississippi Health Services care team through myConnection, a secure web-based or mobile application tool that provides convenient, 24/7 access to your personal health and care plan.
myConnection helps you get connected to your health:
- Manage your appointments. Schedule your next appointment or view details of your past and upcoming appointments.
- Access your test results. No more waiting for a phone call or letter. View your results and your health care provider’s comments within days.
- Communicate with your health care provider. Get answers to non-urgent medical questions without playing phone tag.
- Access and pay your copays and bills online from home.
- Request prescription reﬁlls. Send a refill request for any of your refillable medications.