NMMC Welcomes 12 Internal Medicine Residents
TUPELO, Miss.— North Mississippi Medical Center’s Internal Medicine Residency Program recently welcomed 12 internal medicine physicians who have completed medical school and will spend three years training in internal medicine throughout NMMC. They include:
- Swetha Chittipolu, M.D., of Hyderabad, India. Dr. Chittipolu earned her medical degree from Sri Venkateswara Medical College in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Raoul Correa, M.D., of Memphis. Dr. Correa earned his medical degree at Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum, Karnataka, India.
- Andrew Crowe, D.O., of Ooltewah, Tennessee. Dr. Crowe earned his medical degree from Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
- Waleed Hassan, M.D., of Cordova, Tennessee. Dr. Hassan earned his medical degree from Minia University Faculty of Medicine in Egypt. He completed fellowship training in nephrology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis.
- Victoria Hundley, D.O., of Jacksonville, North Carolina. Dr. Hundley earned her medical degree from Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Boyang Liu, M.D., of Buffalo, New York. Dr. Liu earned her medical degree from Harbin Medical University in Harbin, China, where she also completed residency training. She completed nephrology fellowships in China and at the University of Buffalo in New York.
- Mahmoud Magdy Mohamed, M.D., of Lakeland, Tennessee. Dr. Mohammed earned his medical degree from Cairo University in Egypt. He completed fellowship training in nephrology in Egypt and at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis.
- Dan H. Nguyen, M.D., of Oxford. Dr. Nguyen earned his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine in Jackson.
- Zareen Razaq, M.D., of Garden City, New York. Dr. Razaq earned her medical degree from Lahore Medical and Dental College in Pakistan.
- Beatrice Eriyamremu Torere, M.D., of Pontiac, Michigan. Dr. Torere earned her medical degree from Delta-State University College of Health Sciences in Nigeria.
- Trest Underwood, D.O., of Seminary. Dr. Underwood earned his medical degree at the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine in Auburn, Alabama.
- Joseph Weigold, D.O., of Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Dr. Weigold earned his medical degree from Lincoln Memorial University-Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine in Harrogate, Tennessee.
In addition to daily lectures and case presentations Monday-Friday, internal medicine residents rotate through various areas—critical care, pulmonology, gastroenterology, cardiology, palliative care, geriatrics, rheumatology, endocrinology and nephrology—to gain diverse experience. A $150,000 donation from the Auxiliary of NMMC helped furnish a lecture space, conference room, work area and resident lounge with lockers at the hospital. Residents also maintain a clinic inside IMA-Tupelo each Tuesday-Thursday.
For more information, visit www.nmhs.net/imrp or call the clinic at (662) 377-1100 or 1-800-THE DESK (1-800-843-3375.)