Our therapists help children of all ages improve their:
- Cognitive function
- Communication skills
- Social and emotional maturation
- Self-help skills
- Gross motor skills
- Fine motor skills
Our therapists work together to meet each child’s unique needs in a caring, friendly environment to achieve developmental milestones.
Our rehabilitation team provides a fun and engaging approach to help your child reach his or her maximum potential in all areas of development.
Our therapists have certified training in:
- Neuro Developmental Treatment of children with cerebral palsy & other neuromotor disorders
- Assistive Technology and Wheelchair Mobility
- Barium Swallow Testing
- Dyslexia Testing
- Vital Stim (NMES)
- S.O.S. Feeding Program
- Interactive Metronome
- FEES (Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing)
- Beckman Oral Motor Program
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Bioness Integrated Therapy System
- Bioness L300 Foot Drop System
- Bioness H200
- NICU Follow-up Care
- Play Therapy
Common Treatment Diagnoses
- Developmental Delay
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spina Bifida
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Failure to Thrive
- Sensory Integration Disorder
- Feeding and Swallowing Disorder
- Language/Reading Disorder
- Birth Defects/Genetic Disorders
- Orthopedic Injuries/Post-Operative Care
- Stuttering & Voice Disorders
- Visual Deficits
- Learning Deficits
- Cleft Palate
- Hearing Impairment
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Any condition causing a delay in a child’s development
Pediatric Seating and Mobility Clinic
We evaluate power and manual wheelchair mobility and custom seating and positioning systems. We strive to provide our clients with the very best mobility and positioning technology available in today’s market. The evaluations are performed by our staff therapist who is certified as an Assistive Technology Professional.
In partnership with Children’s of Mississippi Tupelo Specialty Clinic, our developmental therapists provide neurodevelopmental screenings and monitoring of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit graduates and children who are at risk for neuromotor developmental impairments. Patients also receive screenings from a nurse practitioner and an experienced NICU nurse. A social worker, dietitian and respiratory therapist are available for consultation.
How do I get therapy services for my child?
You will need referral from your child’s health care provider to have your child evaluated for therapy services.
Your child’s success is highly dependent on your involvement. Our therapists will provide a detailed home activity program to help your child reach his or her goals. It is your vital role as a caregiver to continue with your child’s home program when he or she leaves our clinic.