Wheelchair Seating Clinic
North Mississippi Medical Center's Wheelchair Seating Clinic offers assessment and custom-fitting to meet your unique wheelchair mobility and positioning needs. Our therapists assess your neuro motor function, skin integrity, environmental accessibility and safety to maximize your functional mobility. Our team also provides in-depth instruction on the proper use and operation of equipment.
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Assistive technology professional
- Durable medical equipment supplier
- Provide a comprehensive evaluation for clients who spend more than four hours per day in a wheelchair
- Provide you with a custom fitting of your new equipment
- Make necessary modifications to your existing wheelchair and/or cushion
- Provide you with periodic re-evaluations to determine if existing equipment needs upgrading
- Educate you and caregivers about wheelchair equipment, skin care and positioning alternatives
- Provide therapeutic support and a link to community resources
You will need referral from your health care provider for the Wheelchair Seating Clinic.