Prepare for Your Visit
Important information for your visit to the NMMC Breast Care Center or other NMHS locations:
- Please bring prior images if taken at another facility. Without prior images to use for comparison, we may be unable to complete your study. You may be asked to reschedule to a later date, once prior images have been obtained.
- You may print a release from our website for obtaining your prior images. If you wish for us to obtain your prior records, please stop by our office to sign a written release at least three days before your exam.
- A physician or nurse practitioner order is not required for a screening mammogram. If you are having other services, have your healthcare providers fax an order.
- Your appointment may take up to two hours due to the specialized care we provide.
- We will make every effort to see you at your scheduled appointment time. Unfortunately, we may experience delays due to the complex nature of our services, as well as unanticipated occurrences. We assure you that even if you are delayed, we will take the time you need for your appointment and will answer any related questions you may have. Your patience during delays is greatly appreciated. It is our goal to keep you updated on any delays.
- Please do not wear perfumes, scented lotions deodorant or powder.
We suggest wearing a two-piece outfit for your convenience.
- Robes are provided for your comfort and privacy, or you may bring your own.
- If you wish to have a family member present during your conversation with the physician, please inform the technologist as you are called back for your exam.
- If you have a benefits question, we recommend that you call the member services number on the back of your insurance card for detailed benefit information about your specific insurance plan benefits before your appointment.
Film Release Form
Please print this form, complete it and fax to (662) 377-2071 or the facility where you had your last mammography procedure. This will allow us to send and/or obtain your records.
To request a release of your mammogram films and reports, please call:
(662) 377-2811 (Reports)
(662) 377-7577 (Films)
Please allow 7-10 business days for your films and reports to be received at the designated location.